Monday, August 18, 2008

Dinner and excuses

Since the beginning of July I have:

Been to Chicago twice, Milwaukee and Green Bay once
Shot numerous weddings
Consistently worked 50 hour weeks at my day job
not worked for more than 1 hour at a time on our new old house
Woken up at 7:30 on the nose (if not earlier) every morning

Sorry I haven't posted


Back to business: Dinner. Pesto and pasta to be exact. This is one of my all time favorite meals. Since we had a few veggies left from our CSA I decided to add them for healthful reasons. I wont give you a recipe for Pesto because I don't really have ONE recipe for pesto. Ingredients are the same, just varying amounts:
Olive oil, basil, pine nuts, parmesan (i haven't spelled out the Anglicanized version of this word in quite some time... did i spell it right?) Garlic, salt and pepper, pasta. YUM!


littlebasil

greenbasil

looks like i misplaced the purplebasil image... maybe next time, it's late

allbasil

foodprocessor
pasta
zucchini

tomatoes

pesto




final


accompaniment

company

cleanedplates

1 comment:

Rhena said...

Yum. I love a good pesto -- and the variety of basil that you used looks de-lish.

I heard recently on Splendid Table to use a mortar and pestle to make pesto because it will bruise the leaves.

I tried it and it was definitely tasty -- the basil has a much stronger taste -- but it was really hard to mix it up into the pasta just because it is much thicker. I think I'll add extra oil to it next time. Or just take a cue from you and bust out the food processor....

Oh, BTW... I came across you again on Sally's La Vie Blog (she was our wedding photographer). Small, small blogosphere.