Thursday, April 10, 2008

The good news, and the bad news...

The good news is that Bryan decided my desperate plea for one of his awesome t-shirts was funny enough to give me one. Killer! I'm already planning on the pictures I'll have Kyle take of me in this shirt, as one of the conditions of him giving it to me would be that I would post pictures of me in the shirt on my blog, and in my bios everywhere (obviously helping him gain international exposure).

The bad news. I guess it's only bad for me, but seeing as it's 1:37am, I feel compelled to make all of you feel bad for me. I did an over night at TJ's (ie, my real job) on Monday night. Mondays are my Wednesdays (are you following this?) so on Tuesday (re: my Thursday) I worked late again, as to not use my precious PTO to recover from inventory. We had a store meeting, and of course went out for beers after this meeting. Now, I function just fine on 6 hours of sleep. It's not my preference, but I can deal with it. 6 hours of sleep, of which 5 are during daylight is probably about 1/2 as satisfying as real night time sleep. So I got 6 hours Tuesday morning, from 5am-11am, worked from 1:30pm-11pm, went to the bar (I know this is my own fault) got home at 1:30am, returned to work at 8am, left work at 6pm, and am now here, on the computer, nary a yawn in sight.

I was actually sleeping about 45 minutes ago, until some crazy ruckus started going down outside the knight cap (it's a dive bar, it's Nordeast... of course they don't have a real website). At first I thought it was a fight, which i wasn't really interested in. Then I realized there was actually some shit going down. One guy in particular just kept saying "I didn't do nothing!!!" and "GET Off me!" I peeked out the window (you know you would have too) to see some guy being wrestled to the ground by some other guys. Another distinct voice said "just hold him until the cops come". At this point, I stopped peering and decided to try and fall asleep again. Then I heard the expected sirens, but also heard lots of commotion outside. I peered again, and saw 2 cop cars... then a 3rd... AND a 4th! For one dude that claimed to have done nothing (why do I not believe that) there were 4 cop cars outside the bar within 3 minutes. I guess the police in NE didn't have much to do on a Wednesday night. I guess that makes me feel more safe, or something.

Anyway, now I can't sleep, so I'm updating myself on 3 days worth of missed blogs on my google reader. I think it will take my entire weekend to get myself back on a normal sleep schedule.

1 comment:

Erin & Ben said...

I suppose this means that the profile photo taken by me will be replaced. Sad.