Saturday, May 17, 2008

Art-a-whirl

My friend Claudia and I rode around today and went to a few different studios and galleries that are participating in the art-a-whirl. Seeing as we just bought a new house, I was really looking for a few pieces (prints... i'm not quite at the rich and famous stage yet) for the new place. I found Sean Tubridry's Stuff and didn't buy any, but plan to hit up his place tomorrow. He has some really cool screenprints of vintage cameras (im kind of obsessed with vintage cameras... which is why I was so excited to win this

) and some vespa prints too... also a little scooter crazy. I am hopefully going to head over there tomorrow morning and snatch a few up. We also headed to the gallery at Fox Tax on a recommendation from my friend Ryan and it turned out that Amy Rice's gallery was there too. I saw some of her stuff at Barbette earlier this week and really liked it. I purchased a grab bag that included variations of these prints





and purchased a 5x7 of this one framed

No comments: