Friday, October 17, 2008

Ooops

Looks like I haven't posted in a few weeks. Whoops.

Yesterday, I was in the car after leaving the Gym, and White Doves by John Vanderslice came on the radio and it instantly made me start crying. It's the saddest song I've ever heard and it's beautiful, and it made me wonder how anyone could ever write a song about something so sad

http://www.myspace.com/johnvanderslice (you can listen to it on his myspace if you'd like to be brought to your knees in sorrow). What is this song about? Someone who lost their 8 year old to kidnappers that they paid off, and then was later killed. Also his song Kookaburra is about 9/11, and is equally beautiful and sad. What the fuck? No, I'm not depressed, just contemplative. I think it's because I'm hormonal and sentimental about my upcoming wedding anniversary.

You should listen to both of those songs to make me happy :)

No comments: