Saturday, March 21, 2009

D'Lish Farmers Market

My City Pages Dining Newsletter reminded me that D'Lish was hosting their indoor farmers market today, and seeing as we needed to get out of the house and enjoy the weather, I figured this was a good start (not to mention we needed eggs). It's definitely really small, and has very limited selection, but we got some cheese from Shepard's Way Farms (where we will make it a point of touring this summer) and a locally made salsa and bread we otherwise wouldn't have.

We then headed to Surdyk's to stimulate the economy by buying a few wines not available at our place of employment.


Farmers Market


Farmer's Market


A patron inquiring about naturally made soaps
Farmers Market


A vendor making aebleskiver, a round danish pancake the size of a raquetball
Farmers Market

Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market

A vendor talks about her confections, which include cayenne shortbread and
lime and chipotle bark

Farmer's Market

A vendor answers questions about her spicy and sweet ginger syrup
Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market


Farmers Market

1 comment:

Constance said...

Hey, that's my friend Robert's breads! Which did you get, and did you like them?

Came over here from tcfoodies after answering your question about morel hunting. Wish like hell my knees were good--I'd definitely go mushroom hunting with you. But, maybe next year, after I get my bionic knee joints.

Quick remark on your twitter gratitude re: marrying a man 1/4 Italian and thereby gaining lasagne for Easter...I'm also 1/4-Italian, and my understanding is that had that 1/4 been on my mother's side rather than my father's, lasagne would have made its appearance on just about every holiday table.