Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snowmageddon

Okay, so everyone called the big "blizzard" of '09 (aka, Today) the "#snowmageddon".

I'm now on Twitter, if that's something you're into, and everyone is tagging their snowmageddon related posts. It's ridiculous, super micromedia (will you remember that term in a week? doubtful) but it gave me a great excuse to go out and shoot. This is a goal of mine on weekends that I have no editing and no shooting to do. If I am actually productive and keep up with my work it should be a good way for me to go out and challenge myself to find new perspective.

I still think my pictures look like "my pictures" no matter what I shoot (we'll call that my POV), but at least I'm trying. I'm not even mad that there is snow on the ground (and I got to leave work early) because I love having been able to go out and do something for myself.


snowmageddon

Kyle, sporting his Deadwood inspired mustache
snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

Creepster Christmas decor outside in nearly March (I seriously Don't judge them, aside from the creepiness, it has been WAY too cold to bring in any type of decoration)
snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

This little guy was so confused. He apologized for thinking he got in my picture (prior to me taking this picture) wasn't wearing the boots he had in his hand and had a great big coat on that wasn't zipped up. I hope you're okay little buddy.
snowmageddon

I was totally amazed at how different the neighborhood was on the north side of Lowry versus the south. We seem to have many more trees and well up-kept houses. I have no idea why this would be, as we have industry all but 2 blocks south of us too.
snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

For Noah (he likes Trucks)
snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon

snowmageddon




Additionally, it turns out waking up at 5am does not help my fine tuning. All of these pictures were taking at a 560 iso. What the hell is wrong with me?

No comments: