Saturday, January 31, 2009

15 hours and counting

I am very excited to embark on my future cruise excursion, but I still need to update about my other Texas adventures.

Yesterday we went to Blue Heron Farm. My mom met Lisa at the Bayou City Farmers Market. The farm is owned/operated by Christian and Lisa, ex-urbanites turned dairy goat farmers located about an hour outside of Houston. They were gracious enough to give us a tour and meet their crew.


turkey

waddke

feathers

pig

blue heron farm

blue heron farm

blue heron farm

blue heron farm



lisa




Of course we then had to go buy some cheese at the market.

farmersmarket

see how much she had left?
blue heron farm

And it's not like she came to the market empty handed. With just a small haul of cheese, they sold over 30 pounds in one hour.

It turns out their cheese is REALLY good. I gather that someone like Erin who doesn't particularly like goat cheese would even like it... it has little to no goat flavor at all, and is insanely creamy. Apparently people at the farmers market recognize how good it is, too.

Fortunately, she had samples and we bought some feta.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This makes me want to go to a farm! Maybe in the springtime. Have fun on the cruise!!