Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Blues

Growing up my mom always had to work on Christmas day or eve. She is a nurse, and people have babies no matter what is going on in the world. I hated not being able to go down to Texas to see my Grandma and Granddad, Aunt Jan, Uncle George, Emma, Andrew, Uncle Jeff, Adam, Liv and Meredith (there was another Aunt in there at some point, but she's been excommunicated).

Following in my mothers footsteps, I've ended up in the service sector. While I had off on Christmas eve, it was the only day I had off in the preceding 10 days before Christmas (I was frantically editing weddings on my "normal" days off) and I had lots of shopping to do, as well as a quick trip into work to say hello to my 47.5 hr/week family, and packing for a night away from the house. Going back to work the day AFTER Christmas is a sober experience too. Isn't everyone supposed to have 10 days off during the holiday season? And aren't they suppose to be relaxing? With no relaxation to be had, and my only days off this week used to FINISH editing weddings, and recover from NYE debouchery, I now have the fantastic opportunity to work 7 whole days in a row. Wow. Retail, how I love thee. Let me count the ways.

I am still working on a fun xmas present for my folks, that I'm really excited about, and have completed stage 2 of 4... Hopefully that will be totally done by the end of my NEW days off FRIDAY AND SATURDAY! That's right, back to a real honest to god social life. And 4 months with only one scheduled wedding!

Now for the goods. I got some good photo related stuff:
(oh and I didn't take any of these pictures... shhhh)

Annie Leibovitz: At Work (my hands down biggest inspiration of portrait photography)

(this is one of my favorite images of all time... and yes, I love my Mom)


AND I got TWO containers of truffle salt.



TWO!

And now I'm just avoiding sleep as I have to wake up in 6 hours and 47 minutes. Out.

No comments: