Saturday, January 17, 2009

Corn Refiners be damned

So, I realize I'm a little late in the game talking about this, but the new High Fructose Corn Syrup ain't so bad for you are TOTALLY bunk. Here is some "startling" evidence:

Check out those resources. The Center for Disease Control and the American Obesity Association.

Now, if you check out www.hfcsfacts.com you may realize that it's funded by those whose lively hood is making corn syrup... ie, the people who don't care if you get fat as long as they can line their pockets doing it.

I liken these ads to the "smoking isn't bad for you" mentality of big tobacco. Corn isn't big business, it's HUGE business. Just think about that the next time you're reaching for a sip of your coke (and wishing you could lose those last 5 pounds).


Do I think there are deeper reasons for American Obesity? Yes. Do I think it's possible to live without HFCS in your diet. Absolutely.

No comments: