Thursday, January 29, 2009

The return of POTD, Texas version

Once upon a time my mom told me that once all of the kids had graduated college we'd all go on a fun adult family trip. My oldest brother is still in school (getting his PhD) and my younger brother graduated from the U 2 years ago... based on how terrible last winter was, I knew I'd have to have a warm get away this year, or heads would roll. I reminded my mom of this commitment earlier in 2008 and Voila! We're going on a cruise (leaving in 3 days). A real bona fide vacation!

The great thing about vacation (if you do it right) is that you can concentrate on doing the things you don't get to do when you're at home on a day to day basis. For me, that includes working out, cooking, reading and of course, taking pictures. I've been at my parents house for 2 hours, and already got up and went to shoot. I am dedicating myself to shooting every day that I'm on vacation, but since internet is insanely expensive on the cruise I'm about to partake in, I will only be posting from Texas. I'm only going to be IN Texas about 4 days, but I promise I'll shoot while on the ship and on our excursions.

I'm shooting only in RAW, so I hopefully won't overfill my 8GB worth of memory in any given day (god help my family if I'm shooting that much)

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for

POTD Day 1: Ornamental Ginger

Ornamental Ginger

No comments: